Most kids love riding on a kick scooter. Not to mention adults too! It’s a handy, fun and practical vehicle that both children and grown-ups enjoy. They are more than just outdoor toys, but also a reliable mode of transportation for short distances.
Aside from practicality, design and size, here are some factors to consider when you choosing a kick scooter for your junior:
- A sturdy, slender deck (platform for placing the feet) that is low to the ground for greater balance and stability. The design of the deck should also taper toward the back, in order to clear the way for a kick path.
- Two front wheels, which make the scooter more stable, compared to those one-front-wheel ones.
- Handlebars that can’t make sharp turns, which keeps the scooter steady and make it less likely for your kid to fall. The grip should be based on your child’s height and comfortable to hold.
- The scooter should be lightweight and not too heavy for your child to push off herself should it fall on top of her.
- Adjustable-height handlebars, which let the scooter grow with your kid.
- It should be easy to be folded away and portable to be brought around, in the event you plan on carting it on vacation or have to travel to an area where it’s safe enough for your child to ride.
Check out some of the range of scooters available at Happikiddo stores:
JDBug Skybug Scooter
JDBug Kiddie Kick Scooter
JDBug Classic 1 Scooter
JDBug Mini Cool Carver
JDBug Deluxe Scooter
Radio Flyer Scooter
Now that you have learned a lot about how to choose a kick scooter, you need to also consider the safety concerns. A safety helmet and safety pads should always be used, particularly if the kick scooter is for your child. The Little Riders Animal Helmets never fails to make a statement in the park 🙂 They are great for cycling, scooting, in-line skating and skateboarding:
Do drop by any of our stores to check out many more brands and models!