With every new year, comes renewed hopes and optimism. While we are not actually a big fan of New Year’s resolutions (because resolutions are wishful thinking and usually fade away as the months shuffle ahead), we are all in for positive vibes and creating new habits.
Here are eight actions that can help to pave the path to an amazing 2016:
- Create new habits. Having goals are great, but it’s realistically tough to manage so many new goals especially when you have a daily schedule to juggle. Establish one new habit that you have been wanting to inculcate. Focus on it and give it your full attention until it becomes a natural thing. Then begin another new habit. The key is to work on one habit at a time. Who knows, by end of the year, you could have 10-12 new habits, making closer to any goals you might have wanted to reach. Some habits you can look into include meditation, healthy eating, decluteering, exercise, learning/studying, debt reduction, gratitude and letting go.
- Make self-care a priority. Be extra nice to yourself. Nurture yourself. After all, you can’t take care of anybody else very well if you don’t take care of yourself first. And, the world needs you! Be sure to love and nurture yourself with everything that requires attention to ensure a healthy, contented and happy you. You can do so by focusing on various aspects such as your physical fitness, health, mental well-being, spirituality, relationship, finances, career and personal goals.
- Make a list of what you can do to make these things better. For the things you cannot change, simply let them go. There’s no point dwelling and letting them be a setback to a good year. Don’t let unpleasant memories have control over your happiness.
- Help others. When you give, you receive in triple fold. When you lend a helping hand to others, you and your goals seem to come alive much quicker and more vibrantly. Besides, it feels good. Helping others can range from anything – from sharing knowledge and wisdom, giving some of your time, or allocating a percentage of sales or income to giving back. What goes around comes around.
- Make FUN your motto! Laugh, dance, giggle, be silly. Don’t take life too seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway. Laugh. Be silly. Dance. Forgive. Let loose a little, and smile more too! When you smile, the world smiles back at you.
- Find your support. Of course you can do it on your own but the fun and effectiveness doubles when you do it with a group of supportive people. People who are holding you accountable, and who you’re holding accountable too. Hold each others’ feet and root one another on.
- Count every little blessings. It’s easy to get sidetracked when we lead busy lives. Say please and thank you, and really mean it. Recall what you’re thankful for at the end of each day. See life’s little joys as blessings. Live in the now.
- With all these tips in mind, go ahead and plan yourself an amazing New Year’s Eve. It is a celebration of new beginnings so make it a special day! Whether you’re joining a public countdown, spending a quiet evening with your loved ones, or even have an introspective time alone, mark the transition in a significant way so you can feel the excitement and joy of a new beginning.
HAVE AN AMAZING 2016!