Congratulations to the Top 10 Finalists of our HappiBebe Super Chef 2015 Contest!
After a month of heated race garnering Likes for their recipes in our Facebook, here are the Finalists who will be contesting in the ‘live’ Final Round:
- Adelin Rachel Doss
- Ameera Shakila Sapian
- Angeline Ng
- Arina Yusof
- Ayi Sulaiman
- Harpreet Kaur
- Jennifer Lee
- Lau Min Fang
- Tan Po Lynn
- Zariah binti Zamaludin
All the best!
Stay tuned as we update you with the details and photos of the Final Round, scheduled in November 2015!
Parenthood goes another notch more exciting when baby starts solids. While mixing and matching ingredients can be fun, preparing baby food can be a tiring affair too. One of the keys to making the process less time-consuming is to prepare baby’s foods in bulk.
As you learn what foods baby prefers, you may begin to double the amount cooked to store in the freezer. Just remember to store it safely so your baby can eat it at a later time. Here are some of the things to observe when preparing food for your little one:
- Ensure that all your utensils, ingredients, work space and hands are very clean before you start cooking.
- Get suitable storage containers ready – make sure they are also thoroughly clean and can be sealed correctly.
- Divide your baby food into individual serves before you begin to feed your baby.
- Never store leftover food from one meal with food from another.
- Individual portions of baby food can be kept in the fridge for one day and in the freezer for up to a month.
- For frozen baby food, defrost it overnight in the fridge.
Refer to these guidelines on storing baby food:
Shelf life: Up to two days
Best storage method: Divide food into clean baby food jars or individual serving containers with lids.
Shelf life: Up to three months
Best storage methods:
1) Freeze baby food in ice-cube trays and transfer the frozen cubes into an airtight container or ziplock bag.
2) Freeze baby food as ‘splats’ on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Once frozen, store in an airtight container and label it with the date and name of the food.
Ways to Thaw Frozen Baby Food Safely
Serve thawed food to baby within 48 hours after it is defrosted. Any leftovers not used within that time should be discarded.
- Defrost in the fridge: Place frozen cubes or ‘splats’ into serving dish, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Water bath: Place sealed frozen bag of purees in warm water. Once defrosted, portion the food into individual bowls, cover and place in the fridge until serving.
- Defrost the food in the microwave: Place frozen puree cubes or “splats” into a microwave-safe dish, and cook using the DEFROST setting on the microwave. Stir and rotate the food often. Make sure the food is completely cool before serving.
At Happikiddo, we offer several varieties of safe and BPA-free food storage containers.
Avent Storage System
A versatile, BPA-free, space-saving storage system designed to grow with your baby. It allows you to use the same cup to express, store and feed breastmilk to your baby. Also useful for storing baby food, VIA cups have twist-on, leak-proof lids for safe storage in the fridge, freezer or on the road.
Beaba Multiportions Silicone
Designed for freezing and storing a la carte foods for baby, it comprises seven individual 2 oz portions and is made from high quality, platinum grade silicone. Just pop out a single portion of frozen food when it’s feeding time. It’s also freezer, microwave, oven and dishwasher safe.
Perfect for storing, heating and freezing homemade baby food, these come in 3 sizes of 120ml, 240ml and 420ml. Airtight and leak-proof lids ensure food stays fresh while stackable sizes nest together perfectly in your cabinet. Also compatible with Beaba Babycook.
EASY Baby Food Storage Cups
Ideal for storing and serving food or breastmilk in small portions. Space saving with 8 cups of 2 oz each, its easy to close lid maintains freshness. BPA- and microwave-safe.
OxoTot Baby Blocks Freezer Storage Containers
Each container fits into the freezing tray, and has measurement markings to make portioning a snap. For on the go, they are airtight, watertight and leakproof.
Shop online here or visit us at any of our stores for more choices.