Every day, it starts over where we get a chance to shape the lives of our children. The way that we talk to them becomes their inner voice. It teaches them how to talk to others too.
Let’s make the most out of it. Here’s a compilation of positive sentences that we can say daily to inspire and encourage our children, equipping them for the future.
- You are amazing. You are brave. You are strong.
- You got this!
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- Your words are powerful. Use them wisely.
- Be your own kind of beautiful.
- You are more than enough, exactly as you are.
- I love you through and through. You are so, so very loved.
- Never say ‘I can’t’. Always say ‘I’ll try’.
- Mistakes are proof that you are trying.
- You must be very proud of yourself.
- You are getting better everyday.
- I trust you can handle this.
- I’m grateful for you.
- Watching you grow up is the best.
- Being your parent is my favourite job.
- That was a really good choice.
- You make my heart full.
- Not everyone will like you, and that’s okay.
- How did I get the Best Kid In The World?
- You don’t have to be perfect to be amazing.
Raising kids is one of the toughest and most fulfilling jobs in the world — and the one for which you might feel the least prepared.
Whether you have succeeded in becoming the parent you wanted to be or you’re just not quite there yet, we only improve if we learn from our mistakes and stride on. Be kind to yourself and find your support. As we move together into the New Year, here are 10 parenting commandments that we have tried, tested and proven effective in making a difference in your relationship with your children.
Here’s to a peaceful and positive parenting in 2017!
DAD: A son’s first Hero, a daughter’s first Love
Strong hands, soft heart. They are superheroes without a cape. From a burly, serious macho guy pre-baby times, men are transformed into a gentle, loving giant teddy bear once they become fathers. Only their children have such magical powers on the Man of the House.
Dads may not like to show much emotion, but they love their kids just as much as mums! No matter how hard the day was at his office, my husband always walks into the house with a big smile on his face and a welcoming hug for the kids who would come running into his arms.
This Father’s Day, let’s do something extra special to commemorate the love and commitment of your husband as the dad to your children. Here are some simple and easy things the kids can do to show their appreciation for their daddy:
- Give him hugs and kisses.
- Draw him a picture.
- Make him a nice breakfast in bed.
- Make him a “Best Father of The Year” medal.
- Let him sleep in on the weekends (once in a while!).
- Thank him for working hard and keeping us comfortable.
- Make him a bookmark.
- Leave him a special “You’re the best!” note in his wallet.
- Make him a special delicious smoothie or cookies.
- Pack him a nice lunchbox for work.
- Clear his plate at dinner.
- Read books together.
- Throw him a mini tea party.
- Listen the first time.
- Write him a story or a poem.
- Sing a song for him.
- Wash his car!
- Go for a walk.
- Buy him a gift he has been eyeing on.
- Send him a lovely message on Whatsapp with your big, happy smile.
- Ask him anything. Dads like to share knowledge and feel smart!
- Take him out for a movie or ice-cream treat.
- Prepare a family movie night at home.
- Keep the house nice and clean.
- Be nice to Mummy!
Did we miss anything? Feel free to share your tips too!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL DADDIES AROUND THE WORLD! Dads rock!